I think this is it for me...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ZirMc, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ZirMc

ZirMc RETIRED Staff Member Guru Recruiter

Money:
    $230
    Lately I just haven't had the time or energy to focus on this site and it is starting to fall behind because of it. The reasoning is simple, I am extremely busy in my work, which I wasn't so much when I started this site, and recently got even more to do and will most likely be out traveling most of this year. I haven't really been able to admit this to my self, but I am at the point that I have to just get it out of the way. I will still have time to be around, from time to time, but I find that the moments where I have time in front of the computer I want to spend gaming, watching videos or do something else. Simply put, I have lost my motivation to run the site and it is hurting because of it. Even just typing up some small posts to put on the frontpage seems like a chore to me right now.

So, if anyone wants to take over, I can probably sign over ownership of most of the items related to this site, like domains and hosting. I think most is prepaid out 2014, not sure about that, but after that you will have to renew your self. If you are interested, let me know, but I will not sign it over to any random dude. To put it simple, I would rather just let the site disappear in silentce than letting someone turn it into a link farm or whatever.

If you want to know more details, I can provide within reason. I am not really asking for anything in return (I am not selling), I just want to know that I am leaving it in the hands of someone capable and with a vision of where to bring the site. My vision has never to be a big site, in all honesty I started this site as a way to kill time in my dead end job which I since quit. Once I got a new job, one which I enjoy greatly, I have found my self increasingly more busy, and recently I kinda got some hints towards even more work coming my (which have been steadily increasing since I started last year), I think it is time for me to let go of the reigns and let someone else bring the site into the future. For cost, it is about USD 10 per domain (I have 3) and around 250 per year for hosting, revenue is 0 cause for me it has never beeen about the money, but rather the experience. Domains are psnclans.com, gamersclans.net + com. If you are, please contact me, probably best way is through PM on this site, but you can also use the contact form, but expect some delay on my reply from that.

Now, if you are just browsing, and wondering if you should start posting here, feel free to. As I said, the site is prepaid out 2014 and if no one is willing to take over, I will probably pay for 2 more years and let it die a natural death. As of writing this, we are still pretty strong in terms of Google positioning on specific keywords, so it is still a healthy place to find new members.
  2. JJMillwall

JJMillwall Moderator Staff Member Guru Recruiter

Money:
    $602
    There wasn't a button to "respect" so I used the "like" - although I'm not quite sure that I "like" it if you get what I mean. It's a real hard decision for you to make, I know. Keep me up to date if you hear anything
    ZirMc likes this.
  3. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    Yeah, been considering this for a while, but I always thought my lack of motivation was temporary, and it would come back. It has lasted for around a year now, and I don't think it will change any time soon. I always reasoned with that I had kept it cheap to run, so I could just keep it online and see what happened. In the end I had to face the fact that it was better to shut down, than to just let the site rot away...

Thank you for your support over the years, will let everyone know if I can find someone willing to take over. So far no one has contacted me, but I hope someone will soon.

I will be out travelling rest of this week and most of next week, so I will most likely be unavailable until the week after next week (week 10).
    JJMillwall likes this.
  4. BESTxGamerz

BESTxGamerz Private

Money:
    $5
    Hey i would luv to take over the site im on my computer all the time and i can take over it
  5. Travis Svedberg

Travis Svedberg Private

Money:
    $10
    Hey sir My Names Travis. Im also very excited about taking over.. I have many years of experience with gaming clans. and website running.
    my contact info is Travissvedberg@gmail.com
  6. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    Feel free to send me some details over PM or email
  7. Amorist89

Amorist89 Private

Money:
    $15
    Zirmc I have an idea that I believe you may want to hear. By all means sign ownership if that's the direction you want to take, I will share this idea with whomever takes of if that's how this situation pans out. To you I am a stranger but please note that just because your motivation is low and your life outside the site demands more focus does not mean you cannot serve as a key element to this ambition.

If you want to hear this idea please respond here or drop me an email (dbarker89@hotmail.co.uk).
  8. Wing

Wing Recruiter Recruiter

Money:
    $30
    Hello,
    I would be interested in taking over this site. Have a couple of questions when it comes to income/funding of the site. And total costs.

Please feel free to PM me here, or we can talk further on @ my community forum: www.optiksgaming.com
    Look forward to hearing from you,

- Keefe (Wing).
  9. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    I am already in talks with one guy, which seems promising. I am just waiting for him to get back to me,

For above, income is very easy, for me it is 0, never tried to monetized it. No idea about potential though.
    For costs, it is a hosting package of your choosing, 3 domains and software renewal (60 - 80 dollars per year for software). I am on Name for domains, Hostgator for hosting, but you can transfer those to any were you would want to, all domains are elligible for transfer (though they are currently locked).

For any new ideas, I am not the right guy to talk to. As I have said, I have lost all motivation, I will not be doing much for the site until I find someone who wants to take it over. If any one new comes in, it will be those that you should talk to.
  10. WackoDaSniper

WackoDaSniper -MM- Captain Recruiter

Money:
    $385
    Hate to see you go. Hopefully the site will flourish in the years to come.
  11. Travis Svedberg

Travis Svedberg Private

Money:
    $10
    hey zirmac im still here. my mother been in the hospital the past few weeks. im still interested. let me know whats going on.
  12. Xclusive0311

Xclusive0311 Recruiter

Money:
    $10
    Hope you've found something by now
  13. VaaMerc

VaaMerc Recruiter Recruiter

Money:
    $10
  14. GryfynCerebrawl

GryfynCerebrawl Private

Money:
    $5
    Hello, apparently im coming too late to this site. I actually am very intereste in helping you guys. Not "taking over the site" but interested in sponsoring and helping financially. If anyone in power hears this please respond. Thank you
  15. StaticGhost

StaticGhost Recruiter Recruiter

Money:
    $55
    Looks like i came to late here for my clan
    Goodbye then i guess :s
    I do hope someone is able to takeover this as i really like the idea from this and i dont think there are a lot of other "community's" like this
  16. Nova TearSkull

Nova TearSkull Private

Money:
    $15
    Hey I hope I'm not to late for this but if you haven't found any 1 to take over the site, or if you are not conserving anyone yet, then I would like to be the person to take over on your behalf . You may contact me on my email. And ask me anything goes you need to know about me and I hope it is what you expect.
    Carlosthebpt@gmail.com
  17. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    Been a while since I updated this. I was in contact with someone, but I am currently on travel and only on hotel Wifi, so this means that I will not access my hosting stuff on public wifi. Unfortunately my travel got extended for quite some time (next week will be me one month on travel), and my path is now such that I can visit my brother for almost free, so I am going to take the chance to see my niece. I will be back in one or two weeks, and hopefully be able to transfer everything to the new guy without much more delays.

Have to say, I have talked to a few people and by now I am almost willing to give it away to anyone willing to keep it running to its original intention (clan recruitment).
  18. Redjon

Redjon Private

Money:
    $5
    Greetings, Was cruising the web doing research on gaming clans and the like and saw this post here, And wanted to know if you still had plans on giving the site away ?

Me and my friends run a very small gaming clan, ( TS, chatroom and forums/blog page, all still under construction ) And I think we'd be willing to consider taking a site like this under our wing. As clan recruitment sites are very difficult to find that don't seem ludicriously glitzy.

I'd love to talk to you about it and go over your intentions and plans and what you'd like as far as the spirit of the site, to be carried forward.
  19. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    I have been discussing with one dude for over a month already. Unfortunately, my job prevented me from moving on the subject (I have been away for the past 2 month almost), so I could not act on it. Currently, I am working on getting the site transferred to a new owner, hopefully within a short amount of time (depending on how long time it takes the different parties to get back to me).

As I have said in my OP, I truly have no time for this site anymore. From time to time, I might get a second or two to visit it, but not much more. If I get a moment to my self, I want to spend it playing games or with my friends and family, not working on this site (it really takes up time). And even with this topic on the site, I still see people trying to recruit for their clan on this site, which is really pushes the point that the original idea was a good one and I can only hope the next admin feels the same (though no strings attached, I want the site to continue as much as possible in the original direction).
  20. ZirMc

Money:
    $230
    Pleased to note, I have worked out the details regarding the transfer, and I hope I will be able to transfer the site to a new owner shortly. There will most likely be some downtime in connection with the transfer, as we have to do a cpanel transfer to get everything settled in terms of the hosting package. We probably have to do a dry run first, to make sure everything transfer over, but hopefully we will be able to do it easily.